In 1933, the circus came to town. And stayed. For a dozen years, the Russell Brothers Circus made its winter home in Rolla. And each spring, the major three-ring extravaganza rehearsed in the fields around the old Civil War Fort Wyman, just north of Lions Club Park, then loaded its tents and elephants and performers into forty brightly painted trucks, and headed on the road.
Share this Post